Sunday, April 22, 2012

Homemade All Purpose Cleaner

Believe it or not, even after all the research I did trying to find a perfect recipe for a homemade all-purpose cleaner, I STILL didn't find an appropriate equivalent or a recipe suiting ALL of my needs. So I gathered my books and tips and blogs and internet tabs and went to work on my own. Trial and error aside, here is what I've come up with.

I like this book for other reasons, BUT her all-purpose recipe uses BORAX. 
Here's a great read if you weren't already aware of its danger.

Photo via Amazon

So instead I substituted the borax for lemon and salt. Here were my results:


2 cups of hot water
2 TBL of Dr. Bonner's Castile Soap
the juice of 1/2 of a small lemon
1 tsp salt
2 TBL of vinegar
Reuse a previous cleaner spray bottle

It may help to use a funnel to get every ingredient safely in the spray bottle. 
Stir. Shake lightly around in circles. Voila.

Let me know how it works out for you. Substitutions? Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment